Campus Recreation serves as an integral part of university life by offering diverse sports, recreational and fitness activities that are fun, vigorous, healthy and conducive to personal wellness. We support the academic mission by creating a climate that motivates individuals to embrace a healthy life-style, build social communities and develop leadership opportunities that contribute to anteater pride.
To provide programs and services to the anteater community in a manner that meets or exceeds the standards of excellence of the University.
In delivering programs and services to the campus community, the following is a list of the values that guide administrative decisions and resources:
• The University Experience
• Student Welfare
• Participation in Sports for Everyone Regardless of Ability
• Health through Participation in Physical Activities
• Maximizing Resources and Meeting Budget Objectives
• Quality Programs
• Customer Service and Accessibility
• Creativity and Innovation
• Diversity of Programs and Services
- Anteater Recreation Center – a 110,000 square foot indoor facility designed to house Campus Recreation programs.
- Anteater Recreation Center Fields – a 25 acre outdoor complex that supports Campus Recreation Field and court activities.
- Boating Facility – Marina Park. The new home for UCI’s boating classes (all sailing classes and most kayaking and stand up paddle classes) in Newport Beach. Marina Park is located at 1600 W. Balboa Blvd Newport Beach, CA 92663.