Campus Recreation is a Non-Academic Department that is part of the Division of Student Affairs, in the Wellness, Health & Counseling Services cluster. Campus Recreation programs, facilities and services are funded through student fees and operational income with the purpose of complementing the university's mission by enhancing the campus community through recreational sports and fitness activities.
In delivering programs and services to the campus community, the following is a list of the values that guide administrative decisions and resources:
• The University Experience
• Student Welfare
• Participation in Sports for Everyone Regardless of Ability
• Health through Participation in Physical Activities
• Maximizing Resources and Meeting Budget Objectives
• Quality Programs
• Customer Service and Accessibility
• Creativity and Innovation
• Diversity of Programs and Services
- Anteater Recreation Center – a 110,000 square foot indoor facility designed to house Campus Recreation programs.
- Anteater Recreation Center Fields – a 25 acre outdoor complex that supports Campus Recreation Field and court activities.
- Sailing Facility – Dock spaced leased from Orange Coast College that supports UC Irvine's sailing fleet.