UCI Campus Recreation is making sailing on the Newport Harbor more accessible to everyone! There are now two ways to enjoy our fleet of boats on the water. All boat usage/rentals are first come, first serve drop-in use.
FLEET OF BOATS
6 J22's, 12 RS Quest 14’ dinghies, 6 Lido 14's & 20 Sabots
3 STEPS TO SAIL:
- LEARN. Build your sailing skills through classes at Marina Park or qualify with equivalent experience/skills gained outside our program.
- GET RATED. Register for a required rating class by boat type. A three hour session includes orientation, review & sail/written test for $65. Additional ratings are available for all boats and racing, spinnaker and ocean. Ratings may take up to 7 business days to process.
- BUY AN ANNUAL SAILING PASS OR DROP-IN BOAT RENTALS. Submit sailing form and either purchase pass (free drop-in sailing for the year) or pay a per use rental fee. Details are provided in Rating Class/Test Session.
3 STEPS TO SAILING:
SAILING PASS PRICING:
Adult Annual Membership - $600
Student Membership (full-time, 18+). Annual
- $300, Quarterly - $100
BOAT RENTAL PRICING:
J22: $20/hour | RS Quest, Lido & Sabot: $15/hour
*2 hour minimum. No additional charge for crew.
Separate pricing for racing for those with a racing rating
- GO to Marina Park Sailing Office and check-in with a staff member and verify boat availability for drop-in that day. Please refer to current sailing class schedule, boats will be limited during class hours.
Summer Sailing Hours:
Monday - Friday 11:00am - 7:30pm
Saturday & Sunday 11:00am - 7:00pm
- RENT or CHECK OUT boat with Marina Park Sailing staff member. Sailing Pass members will check out a boat and rated participants will pay to rent boat.
- ENJOY the benefits of boat ownership at a low cost and no maintenance!
Sailing Passes are available and Boat Rentals* open
Get your rating today and sail with UCI!
*all participants need to have a rating with UCI Sailing to rent boats
(City of NB Web)
for adult learn to sail classes to work towards getting a rating.
Classes are operated by UCI Boating and open to the public.
for additional information for racing rating participants.
For more information, please contact
UCI Boating (949-270-8160) or email@example.com