By confronting challenges and utilizing the different strengths offered by its members, the team benefits from worthwhile and valuable experiences. Team Up! offers the opportunity to take a closer look at how we interact, and offers a safe place to try out new methods of working together. This creates a shared experience that can be the beginning of new understanding, improved relationships, and enhanced team performance.
Full Value Commitment © *
- Embracing challenge and risk is essential for growth
- Extraordinary potential exists within every team
- Healthy laughter is healing
- Diversity is strength
- Attitude is paramount
- Outdoor experiences our sense of play
- Shared experience lead to greater understanding
The Full Value Commitment (FVC) is an agreement where individuals seek to create the most effective learning environment for all participants. Individuals are asked to agree to these behavioral guidelines as a way of insuring that everyone fully understands what is expected and what is accepted. 5 tenets:
Challenge by Choice © *
- Be here. Be present mentally, physically, emotionally.
- Be safe. Create a level of safety so that people are able to relax and feel comfortable.
- Speak the truth. Share your thoughts openly and honestly.
- Pay attention. Listen to what others say and focus on their ideas. Minimize distractions.
- Be open to outcomes. Try not to prejudge what is happening. Recognize your preconceived notions about what you will learn or experience.
- We believe that learning and growth are best achieved through the willing participation of the learner. Although we do ask participants to challenge themselves in our programs, participants can choose their own level of challenge within any particular activity.
*Full Value Commitment and Challenge by Choice are both protected service marks of Project Adventure and
are used on this website with permission from Project Adventure.
In addition to group relationship building, Team Up! programs can be focused to explore a number of different concepts relevant to successful teams, such as:
- Improving Team Performance
- Building Trust and Support
- Quality Improvement
- Improving Communication Skills
- Leadership Development
- Improving Problem-Solving
- Managing Change