ARC Bar assistant provides customer service to patrons purchasing items from our in house snack bar. Responsibilities include to ensure that prices and quantities are accurate, accept payments, answer inquiries, as well as maintain a clean workspace. The student employee will also be required to work cooking shifts to maintain consistent hours at the ARC Bar.
• Sell items at teh ARC Bar.
• Restock items as needed.
• Present a positive attitude of UCI Campus Recreation and its facilities and programs.
• Communicate effectively verbally and non-verbally with patrons, co-workers and superiors.
Front Desk/Gear Up
The ARC Front Desk/ Gear Up staff are the primary contact of the whole facility while delivering exceptional customer service and creating a significant recreation experience for all patrons.
• Serve as front-line customer service rep and membership check-in.
• Responsible for monitoring building systems: including sound, security and lighting
• Answering ARC facility phone line
• Equipment check-out, sales, racquetball courts, and court reservations during operational hours.
Lifeguard at the Anteater Recreation Center Aquatic Plaza. Enforcement of pool safety, rescue of distressed and/or drowning persons, provide first aid.
• Enforcement of pool safety, rescue of distressed and/or drowning persons, provide first aid.
• The lifeguard position requires weekend, evening and holiday work as well as work during quarter breaks.
• Required CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Lifeguard First Aid by the American Red Cross. Optional certification - W.S.I.
Marketing assistants are responsible for creating promotional graphics and videos. They will also be on-site photographers and assist with social media creation.
• Must be available to work at least 10 hours per week between the hours of 8am-5pm M-F
• Dynamic, friendly individual with strong organizational skills
• Must be familiar with adobe suite sofware, video editing basics, DSLR photography & popular social media platforms
Sales Desk Assistant
Enthusiastic, out going, team players to greet guests, disseminate information, process enrollments for classes and membership, and answer phones. Assist professional staff on special projects. Basic knowledge of word processing/data entry and cashiering required.
• Greet guests with enthusiasm and professionalism.
• Work as a team to disseminate information, process memberships and class enrollments
• Manage records, files and process payments.
• Effectively communicate information on the phone and in person.
Assist in the execution of scheduled events from start to finish. Event Supervisor is in charge of set up, tear down, and acting as the liaison between the facility and the point of contact for the events. Must be available to work nights and weekends.
• Event/staff supervision and management experience desired
• Ability to lift 25-50 lbs frequently
• First Aid/CPR certification preferred
The Technology Assistant primary duties are providing computing support for Campus Recreation at the Anteater Recreation Center (ARC). Provides troubleshooting and end-user support for software and hardware.
• Support Campus Recreation staff with routine software issues (install, configure, troubleshooting)
• Support Campus Recreation staff with all computer hardware including workstations, peripherals and printers.
• Audio Visual setup and support in various different areas around the ARC.
• Digital signage hardware maintenance and troubleshooting
• Provide support and maintenance to the digital t-shirt printing system
Weight Room Assistant
The student employees interact with patrons, monitor weight room equipment, and maintain a safe, clean, and organized atmosphere. They stand and supervise the weight rooms to ensure that our members are safe, and provide good customer service to anyone who needs it. They also do laundry and clean workout machines.
• Watches, directs, and safeguards patrons.
• Maintains area to ensure a clean environment including, but not limited to the following: providing and washing cleaning rags, re-racking weights, and cleaning equipment.
• Presents a positive attitude of UCI Campus Recreation and its facilities and programs.