|General Guidelines for All Patrons
- Before entering the Anteater Recreation Center, or participating in a Campus Recreation program, use the LIving Well Daily Syptom Check app tool to verify that you have not experienced symptoms of COVID-19.
- The UCI Living Well Daily Symptom Check app can be accessed here: https://hr.uci.edu/disaster-relief/daily-symptom-check.php
- These basic principles of self-monitoring are expected of all individuals prior to entering any ARC facility.
- In the past 14 days, you have had no known close contact with someone that has a confirmed case of COVID-19
- In the past 48 hours, you have not experienced any COVID-19 symptoms as listed at www.cdc.gov
- Using a thermometer, you do not have a reading of 100.4˚ or greater
- By entering any ARC facility, you acknowledge that you are not aware that you have signs and/or symptoms of COVID-19.
The best resource for ongoing campus-wide updates is https://uci.edu/coronavirus/updates/200922-update.php
. UCI is updating this site often with new information.
- UCI will require all faculty, staff, students, and visitors to wear an appropriate face covering at all times.
- The health and wellbeing of all patrons remains our top priority. We will continue to monitor and adhere to all safety and physical distancing guidelines provided by university and state health officials. Programs and events will only be conducted if deemed safe to do so by officials. We will continue to communicate any program changes or cancellations due to COVID-19.
- All patrons are expected to follow current safety and social distancing guidelines
- UCI Students: All currently enrolled students will have access to the ARC.
- All other membership types: For information about your extended membership end date, please contact us either by phone (949-824-3738) or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Anteater Recreation Center
Monday – Friday – 7:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Saturday – Sunday – 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
ARC Tennis Courts
Monday – Friday - 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Saturday – Sunday – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Lap Swim: To comply with distancing and safety guidelines, patrons will be asked to swim one person to a lane. Pool use will be by reservation only, at one hour increments. Swimmers will enter the pool on alternate sides to promote physical distancing. Look for the lane number along the chairs at the pool. Please physically distance while waiting on deck, and wear an appropriate face covering.
- Equipment – Towel check out is not currently available. Swimmers should bring a personal towel. Lab swim equipment will be available and will be cleaned and sanitized after each use.
- Children’s time – Children’s time hours will not be available at the current time.
- Locker Rooms: Lockers and showers will be closed. Please be prepared to enter the pool in your swim suit and exit in your suit, and to shower properly at home.
- Crawford Hall lap swimming is currently closed until further notice.
The ARC rock wall will not be available at the current time.
Equipment checkout will not be available. Patrons will be may bring a personal towel, water bottle, gloves, and weightlifting belt. All other equipment is not currently permitted.
Day Passes & Tours
Day passes, short-term memberships, and tours are not currently available.
Locker Rooms and Shower Facilities
- Portions of shared locker rooms will be closed.
- Restrooms and sinks will be open but will require physical distancing.
- Showers will be closed.
- Lockers in the locker rooms will be closed.
- Patrons should be prepared to arrive and exit the facility in appropriate workout gear and will need to be prepared to not shower or change clothes following a workout.
Other Activities - Basketball, Soccer, Racquetball, Badminton, Volleyball
- Due to the need for physical distancing, some activities have been suspended. These activities include basketball, racquetball, badminton and soccer. These changes will be reevaluated when physical distancing guidelines change. We understand that some of our members will greatly miss these outlets but hope some of the other options for being active will meet your needs
- To ensure proper physical distancing, we have spread out our weight equipment throughout the pool deck and all pieces are at a minimum of six feet apart. Cardio equipment is not currently available.
- Patrons are asked to use the sanitizing wipes in the facility to wipe down equipment before and after use.
- What to bring to class:
- Bring a towel if needed. Bring enough water that will last you through the workout. Bags and other personal belongings will not be permitted in class spaces. A full list of current classes can be found here: https://www.campusrec.uci.edu/fitness/index.asp
- Before class:
- Identify which class you plan to attend and make a reservation. Be sure to arrive early. Put on an appropriate face covering before entering the ARC. Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and warm water before class. If you are unable to wash your hands, use hand sanitizer. There will be hand sanitizer dispensers in each studio.
- Check-in for class with the pool deck ambassador at the appropriate time. Maintain physical distancing by keeping at least 6 to 10 feet apart while you check in and wait to enter class.
- Enter class through the marked area only. Select a marked station with appropriate equipment. There will be clear station markers on the floor or equipment already setup for you. Yoga participants should bring their own mats. Please stay at your station for the duration of class.
- During class:
- Your instructor will give you a brief overview of physical distancing guidelines at the beginning of the class.
- You do not have to wear a face covering for the duration of the class.
- Maintain 6 to 10 feet of social distancing during class.
- Notify your instructor or fitness monitor if you need assistance.
- After class:
- Please leave all equipment at your station. ARC staff will clean/sanitize and put equipment away.
- Please put your face covering back on.
- Exit class via the pool deck and leave the ARC.
- Wash your hands following class.
- Due to physical distancing and health guidelines, team sports will not be available during the fall 2020 term. Team sports include flag football, basketball, outdoor soccer, and volleyball. Please see the intramural sports website for more information about sports that will be available for fall 2020.
No adventure trips are scheduled for the fall 2020 quarter.
- What to bring to your session:
- Bring a towel if needed.
- Bring enough water that will last you through the workout.
- Bags and other personal belongings will not be permitted in the ARC.
- Bring an appropriate face covering to wear during your training session.
- Before your session:
- Schedule training times with your personal trainer prior to your first meeting.
- Put on an appropriate face covering before entering the ARC.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and warm water before your training session. If you are unable to wash your hands, use hand sanitizer. There will be hand sanitizer dispensers in the Functional Training Room.
- Check-in for your session with your trainer at the ARC front desk.
- Maintain social distancing by keeping at least 6 to 10 feet apart.
- During your session:
- Your personal trainer will give you a brief overview of physical distancing guidelines at the beginning of your training session.
- Wear an appropriate face covering throughout the duration of your training session.
- Maintain 6 to 10 feet of social distancing during your training session. Spotting will not be available.
- After your session:
- Sanitize and clean all equipment used during your training session.
- Wash your hands following your training session and exit the ARC.
In person Team Up programs are not available at the current time. Virtual team building are currently being offered and more info is available at the Team Up page.