|General Guidelines for All Patrons
In accordance with new public health guidance, face coverings are required at all times while in the ARC, except while showering or swimming. Your compliance is appreciated.
- The health and wellbeing of all patrons remains our top priority. We will continue to monitor and adhere to all safety and physical distancing guidelines provided by university and state health officials. Programs and events will only be conducted if deemed safe to do so by officials. We will continue to communicate any program changes or cancellations due to COVID-19.
- All patrons are expected to follow current safety and social distancing guidelines
- UCI Students: All currently enrolled students will have access to the ARC.
- All other membership types: For information about your extended membership end date, please contact us either by phone (949-824-3738) or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Anteater Recreation Center
Monday – Friday – 7:00 AM – 9:00 PM
Saturday – Sunday – 8:30 AM – 7:00 PM
ARC Tennis Courts
Monday – Friday - 8:30 AM – 8:00 PM
Saturday – Sunday – 9:30 AM – 6:00 PM
- Lap Swim: There are no restrictions for lap swim time.
- Equipment –Towel check out is not currently available. Swimmers should bring a personal towel. Lap swim equipment will be available and will be cleaned and sanitized daily.
- Children’s time – Children’s time hours will not be available at the current time.
- Locker Rooms: Lockers and showers are available with no limitations.
- Crawford Hall lap swimming is currently closed until further notice.
The climbing wall will resume operations in fall quarter.
Equipment checkout will not be available. Patrons will be may bring a personal towel, water bottle, gloves, and weightlifting belt. All other equipment is not currently permitted.
Day Passes & Tours
Day passes are not currently available. Tours are available. Please inquire at the front desk or 949.824.3738.
Locker Rooms and Shower Facilities
Locker rooms, restrooms, and shower facilities are open, without limitations.
Towel check out is not currently available.
Other Activities - Basketball, Soccer, Racquetball, Badminton, Volleyball
- Due to the need for physical distancing, some activities have been suspended. These activities include basketball, racquetball, badminton and soccer. These changes will be reevaluated when physical distancing guidelines change. We understand that some of our members will greatly miss these outlets but hope some of the other options for being active will meet your needs
- To ensure proper physical distancing, we have spread out our weight and cardio equipment throughout the Main Gym and Fitness lab and all pieces are at a minimum of six feet apart.
- Patrons are asked to use the sanitizing wipes in the facility to wipe down equipment before and after use.
- What to bring to class:
- Bring a towel if needed. Bring enough water that will last you through the workout. Bags and other personal belongings will not be permitted in class spaces. A full list of current classes can be found here: https://www.campusrec.uci.edu/recreation-live.asp
- Before class:
- Identify which class you plan to attend and make a reservation. Be sure to arrive early. If you are unable to wash your hands, use hand sanitizer. There will be hand sanitizer dispensers in each studio.
- Check-in for class with the instructor or F45 monitor.
- Enter class through the marked area only. Yoga participants should bring their own mats.
- During class:
- Your instructor will give you a brief overview of physical distancing guidelines at the beginning of the class.
- Unvaccinated patrons must wear a face covering for the duration of the class.
- Notify your instructor or fitness monitor if you need assistance.
- Intramural Sports programming will return in fall quarter. Please check the Intramural Sports pages for updates.
Stand up paddle boarding and kayak adventures have resumed operations. Please consult the Outdoor Recreation page for updates.
- What to bring to your session:
- Bring a towel if needed.
- Bring enough water that will last you through the workout.
- Bags and other personal belongings will not be permitted in the ARC.
- o If you are unvaccinated, bring an appropriate face covering to wear during your training session.
- Before your session:
- Schedule training times with your personal trainer prior to your first meeting.
- If you are unvacinated, put on an appropriate face covering before entering the ARC.
- There will be hand sanitizer dispensers in the Functional Training Room.
- Check-in for your session with your trainer at the ARC front desk.
- During your session:
- Your personal trainer will give you a brief overview of physical distancing guidelines at the beginning of your training session.
- If you are unvaccinated, wear an appropriate face covering throughout the duration of your training session.
- After your session:
- Sanitize and clean all equipment used during your training session.
- Wash your hands following your training session and exit the ARC.