PERSONAL TRAINER: JOHN MACAULAY
University of California, Irvine (Class of 2020)
B.S Biological Sciences - Exercise Science and Physiology
Minor - Psychology
National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) - Certified Personal Trainer
American Red Cross CPR/AED and First Aid Certified
As a lifelong competitive athlete, I have a wealth of knowledge covering proper body mechanics, program planning, and personal development. I have trained numerous multisport athletes ranging from ages 8-21 to perform at their peak athletic potential.
Physical Therapy Volunteer Aide at Southlands Physical Therapy
I have learned proper muscle functionality, rehabilitation, and injury prevention techniques while developing my interpersonal skills. Whether you are a novice gym goer or a hardcore fitness enthusiest, I am fully capable of designing a detailed and results driven fitness program to help you reach your fitness goals.
- SPORTS! I have played high level football, baseball and soccer since the age of 5. I am currently the President of the UCI Club Baseball team and can be found in all of the intramural sports at UCI. I also closely follow most professional sports; mainly the NFL, NBA, and MLB.
- Travel! I love to see new places and experience different cultures! I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to study abroad in Ireland and Japan.
- Research! I am currently apart of a Biology/Neurology lab on campus that is looking at how sport related head impacts affect an athlete’s cognitive function. I have also been apart of a group UROP project that looked at the effects of exercise on aerobic fitness, cardiovagal tone, and inhibitory cognitive control. Ask me about our findings!
- Technology! I have such a fascination with technology and how it can be used to advance our understanding of life in a multitude of fields.
- I not only want to guide you through your program, but I want to teach you all the fundamentals in order for you to be able to succeed independently. I will provide you with a high quality, individualized training program that will help jump-start you to a healthier lifestyle.
- My favorite training style is to combine personal experience with a research-based approach to movement and performance enhancement as the base of any training program.
- Success if often overshadowed by hard work. While many people are only strive for the end result, I always motivate my clients to enjoy the process and the lifestyle that they are striving toward.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Sports Performance Training, Sport Specific Movements
Strength and Conditioning
Muscle Functionality and Injury Prevention
Improved Proprioception (body position awareness)
Weight loss/fat loss